World Anti-Microbial Resistance Congress 2019
November 7 - November 8
Kevin Outterson, Executive Director of CARB-X, will be giving the keynote Address on November 7th, titled “A vision for a health antibiotic R&D ecosystem”. Outterson will also be participating on a panel titled “Analyzing the potential impact of current commercial and “pull” initiatives” on November 7th.
Karen Gallant, Deputy Executive Director of CARB-X, will be presenting on November 7th on “Accelerating innovation to fight drug-resistant bacteria”.
About the World AMR Congress:
Since 2015, the World Anti-Microbial Resistance Congress has been the only commercially focused conference globally of its kind. Launched during the release of key reports such as the AMR Review and A Scientific Roadmap for Antibiotic Discovery, the World AMR Congress has brought attention to the threats of this emerging crisis to the global healthcare system. The conference gathers global leaders in infectious diseases to meet, brainstorm and discuss the challenges and opportunities on seven topic areas:
- Antibiotic R&D: advancing the development of antibiotic and non-traditional therapies and improving commercialization strategies
- Diagnostics: innovating the development and deployment of rapid diagnostics tests, while ensuring an effective integration into hospitals’ workflow and reimbursement
- Antimicrobial stewardship: using technology to improve antibiotic prescription, monitoring and surveillance while advancing stewardship-based purchasing guidelines
- Pitch & Partner: joining funding and partnerships with antibiotics and diagnostics innovation
- Infection Control: advancing policies to improve infection prevention, control and compliance in healthcare facilities
- Manufacturing: overcoming challenges for a sustainable and controlled antibiotic manufacturing and supply chain
- Vaccines: discussing the clinical and economic value of vaccines to combat AMR
To learn more, click here.
TO view the agenda, click here.
To register, click here.