The first of three funding cycle periods has closed for Expression of Interest submissions. The next submission period will open on January 16, 2023. Applicants can register in the CARB-X Portal by clicking the button below to begin.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) for all three themes may be submitted during the following timeframes:
- October 17 at 09:00 ET to October 31, 2022 at 23:59 ET
- January 16 at 09:00 ET to January 30, 2023 at 23:59 ET
- April 17 at 09:00 ET to May 1, 2023 at 23:59 ET
The EOI includes three sections:
Organization Details requests details about the legal structure and size of your organization.
Project/Product Details requests details about your project/product including:
- Type of product (i.e. therapeutic, preventative or diagnostic)
- Name of your project
- Target pathogen(s) and whether your product covers isolates resistant to antibiotics from certain classes
- Primary indication/clinical indication and any secondary indications/clinical applications
- Stage of development
- Intended route of administration
- For Therapeutics/ Preventatives: Modality, Chemical class, Mechanism of action, Details about the target, Target novelty
- For Diagnostics: Level of complexity, Result output, Diagnostic technology type, Sample type, Time-to-result, Sensitivity/specificity, Target average sales price
You will be asked to describe your therapeutic/preventative/diagnostic in 5000 characters or fewer:
Your application will be judged on the merits of its scientific content; describe your science with as much data as possible. Please do provide sufficient data to allow a knowledgeable scientist to get a reasonable sense of the therapeutic/preventative/ diagnostic. Do not provide other manuscripts, references, citations or similar. Note that the form can only accept text; you may not enter tables or graphics. Do not include foundational information regarding the significance of antibiotic resistance; this is not necessary, as the reviewers understand this.
Project Costs requests details about how much funding you are requesting from CARB-X.
You will be asked to respond to the following question in 250 characters or fewer: Please describe where you are in your project and where you want to progress to. How much funding do you need from CARB-X to complete this scope of work (in USD)?