- This event has passed.
Live Webinar: GARDP/REVIVE – The challenges and opportunities for antimicrobial R&D in low- and middle-income countries – India case study
July 9 @ 3:00 am - 4:30 am
- Anand Anandkumar, Co-founder and CEO Bugworks Research Inc (India)
- Kamini Walia, Program Officer, ICMR-AMR Initiative (India)
Moderator: François Franceschi, GARDP
In this webinar, Anand Anandkumar and Kamini Walia will discuss:
- Why is India one of the hotbeds of the AMR problem? Latest statistics of growing drug resistance etc.
- Initiatives of the Indian Government to curb the AMR problem
- Antimicrobial R&D landscape in India – a vibrant ecosystem supporting innovation in AMR diagnosis, prevention and therapeutics
- Fledgling antimicrobial clinical trial networks – could trials out of India play a significant role in gaining global regulatory approvals?
- Changing regulatory environment to enable accelerated approvals for antimicrobial products
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.