- This event has passed.
Interdisciplinary Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARe) Webinar:
October 29, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Panelists include Erin Duffy, CARB-X Chief of R&D
Please join us for a special ICARe webinar in light of the course’s 5th anniversary. This two-hour event, hosted by ICARe director Patrice Courvalin (Institut Pasteur, France), will feature four 20-minute presentations from leading experts in antimicrobial resistance and antibiotic discovery research. Presentations will follow with a 30-minute panel discussion.
The webinar schedule is as follows:
- 4:00: Patrice Courvalin (Institut Pasteur, France) – Introduction
- 4:05: Helen Boucher (Tufts Medical Center, USA) – “Syndemics of AMR and COVID”
- 4:25: Gerry Wright (McMaster University, Canada) – “What’s new in antibiotic resistance?”
- 4:45: Erin Duffy (CARB-X, USA) – “Innovation in antibiotic discovery”
- 5:05: John Rex (F2G, UK)- “Prospects and remaining challenges in antibiotic development”
- 5:25: Panel Discussion
- 5:55: Patrice Courvalin (Institut Pasteur, France) – Closing Remarks
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Please note that the webinar start time is in Paris Time.