- This event has passed.
Building, Funding, and Growing Successful Biotech Startups
September 17, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Speakers include Cameron Bess, Project Officer, Antibacterials Branch, Division of CBRN Medical Countermeasures, BARDA.
Turning a good scientific idea into a successful biotech startup is a challenging journey.This panel will highlight several successful paths that scientists can take toward creating a successful biotech company. Learn what New York-area resources are available to turn your idea into a business and help you develop entrepreneurial skills.
The event will introduce funding and strategic programs available from IndieBio, the Center for Biotechnology, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Biopharmaceutical Accelerator (CARB-X).
- Anton Xavier, Assistant Director of Technology and Business Development at the Center for Biotechnology.
- Phuong Nguyen, Commercialization Fellow at the Center for Biotechnology.
- Stephen Chambers, Managing Director of IndieBio in New York.
- Matthew McMahon, Director of NIH’s Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development (SEED) Program.
- Cameron Bess, Project Officer, Antibacterials Branch, Division of CBRN Medical Countermeasures, BARDA.
To learn more and register, click here.