- This event has passed.
AMR Industry Alliance Panel on Supporting the Optimal Use of Antimicrobial Medicines through Innovation
November 23, 2021 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
This year’s WAAW will take place 18-24 November 2021, with the theme “Spread Awareness, Stop Resistance”. You can read more about WHO’s WAAW campaign here.
The AMR Industry Alliance virtual panel session will be organized as short dialogues among experts from the public, private, academic and civil society sectors who will discuss key topics related to the optimal use of antimicrobial medicines as a means of controlling the spread of antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
The three short dialogues will focus on the following topics:
- The role of diagnostics in guiding optimal use of antibiotics
- Relevance of AMR stewardship in achieving the UN SDGs
- Stop resistance! Collaborative approaches to tackling AMR
- Hanan H. Balkhy, Assistant-Director-General, AMR, WHO
- Thomas Cueni, Chair, AMR Industry Alliance & Director-General, IFPMA
- Otridah Kapona, National AMR Focal Point and Coordinator, Zambia National Public Health Institute, WHO STAG-AMR
- Cecilia Ferreyra, Head of AMR Programme, FIND
- Mukesh Kapila, Global Health and Humanitarian Affairs, University of Manchester, WHO STAG-AMR
- Liz Tayler, Team Leader, Monitoring and National Action Plans AMR, WHO
- Scott Weese, Professor, Ontario Veterinary College and Director, Centre for Public Health and Zoonoses, University of Guelph
- Kevin Outterson, Executive Director, CARB-X
- Pilar Ramon Pardo, AMR Advisor, PAHO
- Peter Beyer, Senior Advisor and Team Lead, AMR, WHO
- Jean-Louis Tissier, Vice-President, Public and Government Affairs, BioMérieux
- Adam Zerda, Director, AMR Strategy and Program Development
- Greg Frank, Director, Global Public Policy, Merck